Thursday, September 13, 2007

Who are SCUBA Divers


In order to tell you who SCUBA divers are I have to tell you a little about myself in SCUBA diving because I consider myself a true SCUBA diver. I am still pretty new to SCUBA. I got my open water certification about three years ago now, but I still haven't gone any farther beyond that. I am mostly a vacation diver, and I have been able to get in about 20 dives. I am going to tell you the type of people SCUBA divers are. I know who SCUBA divers are because I am a vacation SCUBA diver. I have been to many different dives sites and most of the were out of the country. I have been to many places with many different types of dives, but the people who dive are all the same.


There is a certain characteristic that you can expect to find in a diver, and that characterist is based around dive training. That characteristic is that all true SCUBA divers are a relaxed sort of people. Like I said this comes from learning to dive. We learn not to fight the current, don't expend unecessary energy, and always keep breathing. First, don't fight the current, or in other words go with the flow. When divers dive an area with a strong current, they swim along the current. They do this in life too. All true divers are relaxed and take life in stride, they go with the current of life. Second, don't expend unecessary energy. In diving you aren't trying to get anywhere fast, and good luck to anybody who tries to go fast underwater. I am also a swimmer so I know about swimming fast and I can tell you. You are not going to swim fast underwater. Swimming the sport is done on the surface. No human can go very fast underwater. Third is always keep breathing. If you stop breathing on decent while diving then your lungs will have to make up for it later when the pressure makes you have to inhale more oxygen to fill up your lungs. Even worse though is not breathing on ascent. Then the opposite happens you will need less air to fill your lungs. If you don't breath on ascent your lungs will literally pop like a balloon. This too is a good strategy for life that all divers seem to have learned. They just learn to go on with their lives.


Yeah no matter where you go SCUBA divers are all the same. They all go with the flow, don't waste energy, and keep breathing. I love diving and I found that since I took up SCUBA diving I am a lot more relaxed. Yeah all true SCUBA divers know how to live as true SCUBA divers.

No comments: