Saturday, September 15, 2007

One-Foot Wonder



A snowboard has two bindings. One for each foot. They transfer the slightest weight shifts from your feet to your board. So why the hell would you ever take one of your feet out?

I was flipping through the latest edition of TWS when I stumbled upon an article of that nature, The One-Footer. The photos were pretty sweet but it really got me thinking. When I snowboard, I take my foot out of its binding to skate to the chairlift or when I’m taking my board off. When sliding around with one foot I find it tough to gain much speed. So how are these guys pulling off seemingly impossible tricks with only one foot strapped in?

According to Pat Moore, it just takes practice. Start out messing around on flat areas and slowly work your way up to the big kickers. Tadashi Fuse adds, (via TWS) “Make sure you have a stomp pad and stay low. It is all about how you take off the jump.”

Right now I have never tried a one-footer. But after looking at some crazy photos and a few video parts, the one-footer seems to be a good trick to learn this season.

No comments: