Wednesday, September 12, 2007

SCUBA videogame?


Ok so I was just surfing that web wondering what would be my first post on this thing when I found this. It is going to be called Endless Ocean. I think this is probably one of the stupidest ideas I have ever heard of. Maybe this is just my opinion, but the point of SCUBA diving to me is being underwater. That is the cool part. This game is just stupid in my opinion. You are missing the best part of SCUBA diving by doing this. This game is already out in Japan for the Wii (called Forever Blue, or something like that) and is coming to the US soon. I really wonder how well it is doing in Japan, but at the same time don't care enough about it to check. This game will go nowhere in the US. In my opinion SCUBA diving needs to be real life and video games are better for things that you have little chance of doing in real life. SCUBA diving has to be done in the flesh because being underwater is the point. The best use for this game is to try and learn something about underwater life, like maybe the fact that most things in the ocean move faster than your hand can ever move underwater. Who knows maybe this game will find a niche with people who know nothing about SCUBA diving. If that turns out to be the case then I hope it also pushes them to check out SCUBA diving for themselves. Oh well just saw it and had to say something.

No comments: