Thursday, October 4, 2007

Diving Old School

Hey look at this. Apparently just Friday a father and son dive team, that have been around for quite some time, gave 10 people the chance to dive in an old U.S. Navy Model 1 Mark V Diving System.

According to this website, where I found the article, they were getting their Surface Supplied Air Certifications. The article also said that the Mark V weights over 200 pounds.

I think it would be so cool to go diving in one of those really old suits. The only problem I would have would be the 200 pounds. I mean it is just the slight problem of being able to get out to the water with too much of that suit already on, but man would I like to give it a try.

If you are anywhere as interested as me, but with more time to spare. They are apparently the Wateree Dive Center in Columbia, South Carolina. Now might be a good time to get your Surface Supplied Air Certification, while those guys still have that suit and are willing to let you dive in it.

No comments: